Friday, December 14, 2012

week wrap-up

1. Holiday party at a stranger's house. That's right, I not only went to a party where I knew I'd know no one (hubby doesn't count, the couple who invited us I'd met briefly one before) and I just went with it. If you knew me, you'd know that's a huge step out of my comfort zone. And know what? I had a good time. Except for the fact that the one thing that made them all friends (their mutual church) is something that'd never be something I have in common with them.
2. It's Chanukkah. I haven't really been able to celebrate this year yet but I'm going to try. And thankfully this bad boy is 8 nights so I have a little time left to celebrate. Last night I did make latkes and it was a pain because I only have baby potatoes but it was soooooo worth it, they're delicious!
3. Bringing Willpower Back. At my office we get a lot of gifted holiday treats, desserts and sweets like crazy in December. Monday we got a box of cookies. I ate a piece of some fruit bar looking thing, decided it wasn't worth it and threw the rest out. Wednesday we got a tub of cookies from Costco (that I know firsthand are amazing) and Thursday we got containers of cinnamon buns. I didn't eat any of those! 
4. Apples. I love apples, I love fruit. But apples I have a love hate relationship with. I'll be all about them and then get tired of them. And then I'll eat another and remember how much I love them. I'm back to loving them right now. (Because I left one in my office fridge ages ago and when I ran out of snacks it was still there, still good, and yummy!)

5. Food, we need to talk. (aka I have a problem). That's the first step to recovery right? Somehow me and food don't yet have a healthy working relationship, 26 years and still no luck. I've eaten way too little and lost weight, but not happy with eating how I had as a lifestyle. So then I'll rebounding and try to eat more "normal". For the past few months I've tried the "normal" with a few splurges thing and it's clearly not worked. I gained 18 pounds this past year (with minor losses and gains in-between, I gained at least 3 pounds since Thanksgiving!). I wish I could say I ate everything I wanted this past year (and it was worth it) but that's not true. That was me half assed trying! So I'm going to try with more purpose and planning and see what happens. Because I'm not happy right now.



Linked up to High Five For Friday (even though this isn't a celebrate the week kind of post).
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm Hanna!11 I d=found your LOVELY blog on the hippity hop!!! Now your newest follower!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete