Friday, December 28, 2012

high five for friday




A 3 day work week. I got Monday and Tuesday off because my office is amazing with holidays off.
Presents. Hello, it's great to give but it's a lot of fun to get! *
Being a good person. Hubby's friend was without a car and all by himself in his apartment over the holiday. Hubby being the amazing person he is invited him to be with us when he made this discovery about said friend. (After sweetly double checking with me first) While our plans were drastically changed to accommodate him (aka I spent the entire time with two men acting like boys/bachelors, of which only one was, and then cooking for them the entire time) it was nice to make someone else feel loved and included over the holidays.
Crappy 3 days of work. That's right, the downside of a short work weeks is that without fail those few days you have left to work are terrible, horrible, extremely bad. They were.
Another 4 day weekend and 3 day work week! The best cure for a bad work week, a long weekend! Whoo I get Monday and Tuesday off next week, yay for a nice long weekend!

* Presents, the extended version. You'd think I'm an exercise junky off of the presents Hubby got me. I got a set of 2.5 and 5 pound weights to go on a bar, you know what you use to life weights, whatever that's called. I got exercise gloves, sporty hat to wear while exercising, workout top, workout jacket, and workout pants.

Old Navy Women's Active Compression Bermudas 
Source: via my Pinterest via Old Navy



Old Navy Women's Active Compression Jackets
Source: Old Navy

Of all of that above I only requested one (hint: work out bottoms). The pictures above are of my two favorites. (And also the only ones I know where he got them from that I could find pictures of them then.) He was very sweet and said this will help with my plans to loose weight. And will suit me well with our cold weather, I can exercise outside now! (Yay! That was sarcasm) It was VERY sweet. Still not exactly what I had in my mind of gifts he was going to get me. 

But he did get one "good" one: a curling iron! (It was the one thing I really, really, really wanted and hoped upon a shooting star he actually got me.) But as we work out (aka how Hubby is the worst at gifting me things) he got a 1 1/2" curling iron instead of the 1 1/4" I asked for.  
Hot Tools 1 1/2" curling iron
Source: Amazon


I should have asked for this had I known it existed before (seriously a purple curling iron!?!)

Hot Tools Ceramic Titanium 1 1/2 inch Professional Curling Iron 
Source: Amazon

 
I also have no clue how to use the thing so I burned the you know what out of my hands/ear and hair and did not have curls and instead had burnt hair in right angles. (I tried to do my hair Christmas day, that was an utter hair fail. I had to pull it back in braids to hide that insanity that was my hair after my attempts.)

My Mom on the other hand is the best at gifts for me. (I do admit that my Mom has had a) had 26 years to perfect it, b) a woman, and c) well she's my Mom.) She decided I needed a new hair dryer (after using mine and declaring it was the worst and she'd get me a new, better one this year).


per Kate at TheSmallThingsBlog's suggestion, my future (hopefully) favorite blow dryer ever
Source: Rusk Speed Freak Dryer at Amazon
 
 It's now been ordered and on it's merry way to my excited little hands. (I told my Mom I wouldn't order it until after Christmas because there was no use in battling with holiday mail.) And now to begin the post holiday buzz cool down to adjust back to normal life. Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. That's another plus about this time of year, lots of time off work!! How GREAT! I like that active wear!! So cute! Found you from H54F! Have an awesome weekend and great new year!
    You can find me here: http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete