Thursday, December 13, 2012

Premium channels I love thee!

So Comcast is more fun than Dish because of OnDemand. But then agian they're less fun because it took them almost 2 1/2 months to get our TV right and I think it's "fixed" totally by accident now. But Comcast is also fun because we got HBO for free for 3 months for starting with them and then Showtime for free for 3 months because they messed up. So I've got movie channels, for the first time in FOUR years. I'm so freaking happy over this it's sad. (When facing financial difficulties it takes almost financial ruin for me to consider giving up cable, it's a necessity for me, I know that's bad but I know it is and work around it.) 

I've gone premium channel happy. I've literally watched two entire series. 

The Newsroom, which I really enjoyed. I don't agree with the bad reviews it got, but all the same it's enjoyable to watch!

Source: google images via The Hollywood Reporter

And Homeland, which is addicting! I can't wait for the season finale of Homeland, what is going to happen!?!!

Source: google images via ScreenInvasion


I caught up on the entire last season of True Blood, that was ... interesting. And I've also been watching movies in between all of this. (In addition to regular tv) I've been able to OnDemand or DVR several movies these last few weeks. The ones I wanted to see when they came out but I was too busy, cheap and/or lazy to go out and see? Yeah I've seen a bunch of those. Reel Steel (not so great even with hunky Hugh Jackman, but still okay) and In Time (so bad I couldn't believe but still we watched the whole thing) are the first two to come to mind. I've got DVR timers set for at least a few more coming up in the next few days. You better believe I'm going to use this free programing as much as I can! The worst part, I'm almost seriously considering keeping one channel when the free trial ends (but can't decide which one and how I'll reason spending for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment