Tuesday, August 28, 2012

put a fork in it, it's done!


Hobby Lobby is such a wonderful, yet evil place. It's evil because every time I go there I find things I have to have. It's wonderful because they have so many wonderful things that just desperately want to come home with me! I have to be good and buy as little as I can. Some days you win the battle, other days you loose. One day where I didn't exactly loose but bought way more than I intended (I only needed door knobs!) I found these:

Hobby Lobby had these for 50% off! "How chic and on trend these are" my brain said. My "logic" told me since they were half off I could buy them with little regret. Spoiler: they came home with me. But I promised myself if I didn't think of something good to use them for I'd return them. (Hobby Lobby is also wonderful because they have such a great return policy!)

I showed them off to Hubby and he seemed underwhelmed. But he promised to help me with my diy mission. Bring on pallet wood and a bit of white spray paint and welcome diy success!

You can see my amazing key holder (being used for real!) in the background. I know I'm not doing so well on the image quality in my postings but bad cell phone pictures are better than none, right!?

I think it came out really nice. Sadly that kitchen wall is one of only a few in our home that we left white. I know it'd look so much better with some contrasting color but I can only guess this will hang around (no pun intended) for a while and eventually move to a wall in a home that makes it look even better!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea, what a DIY success! I wish there was a Hobby Lobby in Washington, it sounds like an amazing place!

    Colleen
    Daybydaydarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete