Thursday, February 28, 2013

randomness

So it's Thursday, the weekend is thisclose and yet so far away. I'm actually traveling for work today, stuck in car with my boss for about 5 hours and I'm really fearing how it'll go. I'm trying not to die from boredom, or frustration with being with someone (that I'm not actually friends with) in such close quarters for so long, or from her bad driving. 

This may or may not have happened prior to this meeting. More likely my Boss will "brain storm" during out 2.5 hour commute to the meeting. And then nothing we discuss will actually happen. 

This entire meeting was in fact my idea, just saying, I asked about doing this over a year ago. But apparently no one remembers that happened...

Image source: the amazing someecards.com

You on the other hand, you can read over some of the random updates in my life. 
  • I cancelled my Birchbox subscription. While it was fun to get them I didn't always love each box and I was finding myself feeling "eh" on the "best" items of my best boxes. I also just don't have the $110 to spend on another year's subscription.
  • I still haven't made it past Week 2 on C25K. I make it a day or two into starting back up and something happens and I can't keep the momentum going. The weather also keeps going from really cold to really warm, that hasn't helped either. It may or may not have been about a month since I tried any days on the program. 
  • I tried to be a fashionista and bought a bunch of stuff on really amazing sale at Old Navy. It ranged from 'eh' to 'wow that's cute' but in the end I rationalized that I didn't need any of it, and I didn't have the money to spend on clothes things I don't need right now. So it ALL* went back to the store and returned.
  • I discovered that Costco is really amazing for even more products than I knew. They sell organic quinoa (that doesn't have to be rinsed first) for crazy cheap. So of course I found this out after I bought and opened my tiny $10 bag from Publix. They also carry organic (supposed to be grain fed) beef for a much better price than any greenwise options at Publix. In fact after a recent trip all of their meats may be priced better than Publix...
  • I insisted that I'm actually doing something for my birthday this year. Hubby isn't a big celebrator, of anything. Not holidays or birthdays. (He's promised he will be for the kids sake, once we have kids) And my birthday hasn't always been that great. (It used to fall just before finals and/or when his final insane projects were due that counted as his final.) So we're doing Disney, because they had a good deal on tickets going on. I'm now panicking as I've begun to work out all the other costs this will involve (beyond the tickets, already purchased). So apparently the mantra for this trip "I'm doing Disney for my birthday, even if we can't afford it!" 

* I kept one pair of charcoal tights, they were $4 and I thought I might get use out of them since I have none. I've worn them twice, they looked funky and fashionable and kept me warm. But they are also incredibly freaking high cut (as in come up to my midsection) it was hard to make it through the day. I'm not sure how often I'll wear these.

No comments:

Post a Comment