Tuesday, February 26, 2013

rain, rain go away (aka my weekend)

Source: Mr. Printables, if you go directly to their site you can get a free printable of this amazing graphic!


Hubby was on call this week and boy did that man work! Friday night I saw him for a few minutes and then he was called off again. I tried to make a homemade version of my new favorite dish at our favorite Chinese joint: Tangerine tofu. Mine was more like bastardized orange tofu and while it was a valiant attempt it tasted nothing like the inspiration and I'm not even sure it tasted that great. But I'd worked hard at my attempt and I was hungry!

Saturday Hubby wound up working a lot. Mid-day I was able to swing by and visit friends that are about to have a baby boy any day now. I appliqued different shapes onto onsies and they were a total hit! (I meant to take pictures but I simply forgot, sorry!) The rest of the afternoon was super rainy so me and Zoe were perfectly fine snuggling together inside, where it was dry! (By the way, Zoe apparently thinks rain is something I conspire against her. As in, "It's raining in the backyard so it isn't raining in the front yard, oh wait it is, omg Mom how could you do that!?!" It's not been a pleasant experience, for either of us.) That night we did an impromptu game night with the neighbors, it was a blast but when you combine alcohol and competitiveness it can get a bit ugly. 

Sunday I slept in since game night ended at like 3 am. Poor Hubby got called off at 5 am, I was so tired I didn't even wake up when his horrific on call phone rang. In fact I didn't wake up until several hours after Hubby had returned after working for several hours! Much later, when shocker Hubby got called away some more, I visited practically ever single grocery store in my city. Okay I didn't actually, not even close, but it felt like it. I went to EarthFare, Costco, and Publix. Oh and it poured, there was hail! (Thankfully I was inside during that part.)

And then yesterday I got hit with a headache (migrane?) that made my head feel like it was going to split into two. I think I may have also been running a slight fever. All the same it was one of those days there was no question or debating, I was most certainly staying home, in bed for as long as I could, and was not working. I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment