Thursday, February 21, 2013

ain't nobody got time for that!

I have a confession, and since it's Thursday it means it's okay! 

I went an entire week without washing my hair. I expect your reactions are somewhere along these lines...

 Source: via google images from here

 Source: via google images from here

Okay this is not how I expect anyone to react to this, but it was cute so I had to include it.
 Source: via google images from this webpage

And clearly I (nobody) ain't (didn't) have time for that (washing my hair)

I tried to make my hair all sexy for Valentine's with curls, that was a disaster since I didn't put enough effort into my attempts to actually get a good outcome. HOWEVER it did something wonderful, those curls/waves/texture/volume lasted and lasted and lasted. Even after I brushed my hair somehow there was still some left over. (And by some I mean some since naturally I have straight as a pin hair so any curl/wave is a big deal for me.) I'd sleep on it and the next day it looked just a curly/wavy/whatever! 

There are three things that have helped me achieve the lazy accomplishment of not washing my hair for so long and it still looking okay/decent: cheapo CVS Tresemme  Dry Shampoo (not the best but cheap enough I tried it), a sample of Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray (from my now cancelled Birchbox, that I didn't like at first but now find so many uses for; little thing don't run out yet mamma is too poor to buy a full size!) and some good old teasing (using this). I'm not saying I'm proud of this, but I've made it work. (Sort of like Tim Gunn is famous for saying). I'm being honest here, clearly since I made an entire post about such a thing, my hair looked decent enough so I didn't wash it. It's been so cold I wanted to do anything but wash my hair and walk around with a wet head that's what's happened. That combined with laziness and so was the story behind this post born.

Last night however I promptly forced myself to wash my hair when I got home from work so I'd give myself enough time to blow dry completely and avoid any wet head freeze to death and/or catch a cold issues. Everyone (minus the Hubby who left this morning before I woke up) has commented to me today that my hair looks good. I will not be proclaiming to them "That's because I actually washed it!"

Linking up (for the second time) to It's Okay Thursdays at A Complete Waste of Makeup

 

No comments:

Post a Comment