Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We Can Do It

(And no that wasn't supposed to be a political comment.)
 
My office decided to allow costumes this year. In fact it was so strongly encouraged that it became mandatory-voluntary (you don't have to but everyone else will...) So I had to think what kind of costume could I put together without too much thought and with no extra money spent. (Since the only costume I actually own is not work appropriate. Very much so the "sexy such and such" category. And hey I wore it the first time Hubby and I really hung out, so it certainly didn't hurt in those efforts.)

I tried to think of the easy things. Olympian? (I could use some fake gold metals Hubby won on our honeymoon)  Flower Power 70's person? (Hair down, big  sunglasses, blousey dress without the belt, etc.) They all seemed a bit lame. Things that required a tiny bit more effort than I was willing to put out. (I'd have to make fake "USA" and other patches? Um no, that's not happening) Oh and it's cold out all of a sudden so it had to be suitably warm. So instead I went with this:



Halloween: Rosie the Riveter



I found a few examples around the interwebs, things similar to this. Actually I got a really similar headband from Modcloth and decided I'd make this as my costume. I took a grey/chambray (?) shirt (super comfy and super cute, normally a real snazzy top) with old jeans and decided with my headband I'd made a costume. 

Of course it wasn't easy breezie (color girl) and there was one catch. In the Great Moving Purge I threw out the only red lipstick I owned (at the time I thought it was 3-8 years old, exact age unknown, and not used since then so it was time to be thrown out). So I had to fake red lips with some lip liner and gloss and thoroughly rosied up my cheeks with two types of blush. 

That, ladies and germs, is what I am for Halloween today. I may or may not stay in this tonight while waiting (and hoping, fingers crossed) we get some trick-or-treaters. 

Did you dress up? At work (does you work allow it? support and encourage it? forbid it?) Tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment