Friday, October 5, 2012

high five for friday


Another week almost done, finally! I'm excited that the work week is almost over. And while I'm happy to start being able to get my house in order I'm not excited in actually unpacking, cleaning, and organizing! But after this weekend hopefully my life will be a bit more ... well closer to "normal".

Anyway, highlights of this past week:

1. No Dumping. During one of many trips moving last weekend (when we got the unexpected crazy rain while moving our mattress) our grill started to fall off the truck, no matter how many times Hubby rearranged it.  In an effort to save the rest of the furniture, or try to, I suggested just leaving the grill on the side of the road and we'd pick it up when the rain stopped. The next day as we drove around our new neighborhood this very sign was about 3 inches away from where we left the grill on the side of the road. Seriously!


2. Game of Thrones via OnDemand. Instead of unpacking Hubby and I (well mostly me, he unpacked a bit this week) settled in and made use of our 3 months free HBO and Comcast's OnDemand feature to watch all of season 2 of this addictive show!

3. Boca Burgers.  To get away from all things fast food (as that's all I'd consumed for the better part of a week) I planned to cook a real meal. That totally fell through (where are pots, pans, cooking utensils, real plates!?!) and I was able to swing cheeseburgers using these wonders!
4. Paint the Town Pink. My whole town got into Breast Cancer Awareness month by kicking things off with this event. About half of my office participated. We even submitted a photo to our local paper. I'll skip posting it to protect the innocent (LOL! I looked good but others didn't)
via Friday We're In Love's Anniversary pictures
5. Anniversary Photo Shoot! So with moving we're officially able to visit my family for Thanksgiving this year. Yay! That brings a whole new thought into the mix: we could do an anniversary photo shoot at the same park we were married in! What!?! Yeah, I know, that'd be awesome. So now like a crazy person I'm trying to find a photographer that I like, that's available, and that I could afford! (If you happen to know an amazing and cheap photographer in Miami I'm all ears for suggestions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment