Thursday, May 30, 2013

so long, farewell ...

aufidersen, goodnight! So it's so long to the place I've called home for the past 9 years. There are an aweful lot of memories in this town. So here's an ode to my past 9 years. 

Crazy undergrad times spent with friends at house parties.
I may not be a drinker but I totally went out of my comfort zone (yes it took me a full year in college to get there, whatever) and went to wild and crazy parties and let loose and was silly as only an 18 year old can be. 
Personal picture

Crane made from the paper tablecloth at my 21st birthday dinner
I surrounded myself with funny, fun, and amazing friends. Who for example saw the paper tablecloth at the restaurant and decided it clearly was meant for a giant origami piece.
Personal picture 

Hubby as a baby (seriously he looks so young!) taking part in a donut eating contest
Again, crazy antics only a stupid college kid would come up with. But oh the fun we had! 
Personal picture

Hubby's present to me for our first anniversary, my first Christmas tree.
I literally spent more time at Hubby's apartment than I did my own. (Partly due to loving him, becoming best friends with his roommate, and also because my roommates were hideous human beings I wanted to be far, far away from whenever possible.)
Personal picture

Zoe when she was just a few months old, when all of her toys were bigger than she was
Moving in with my boyfriend, getting a dog, and pretending like I had everything all together when really I knew nothing.
Personal picture

Two graduation and two walks across the stage for a diploma from FSU
I earned my bachelor's degree in three years and went straight into graduate school. In 5 years total I'd earned both a bachelors and masters degrees.
Personal picture

Becoming a full time social worker
Source: FSU CSW
I sort of stumbled onto social work but once I found it I fell in love, and in this town I became a full fledged social worker. (All thanks to this program, partly from my education and also because they told me about the job opening that I later wound up getting.) 

In my nine years I moved seven times to six different homes (dorm rooms, apartments, townhouses), three of which I lived with Hubby in. I went from being a scared 18 year old very far away from home, to becoming more comfortable with myself and making new friends, meeting Hubby and falling in love, and now being a more mature and more comfortable with myself adult twentysomething that's a social worker and wife (and dog Mom). For as much as I grew up in Miami as a child I grew up in this town. I learned more than I could have imagined, been through more than I could have guessed, but also grown and loved more than I could have hoped. 

So long Tallahassee, it's been fun! 

Now on to Miami, again....

No comments:

Post a Comment