Friday, May 3, 2013

high five for friday

Well another week down. T-minus three weeks (less technically) from my last day at work/when Hubby flies in/when the move officially happens. I'm excited beyond words but also freaking out like no one's business. I mean like, seriously freaking out.

I'm an intelligent woman and I like to think I have many talents or at least things I'm good at. But I know enough to say there's a lot I'm not good at. Probably at the very top of that list is packing. Seriously, I wish I was joking but that's the truth. So the fact that I have to pack up my ENTIRE HOUSE ALL BY MYSELF is something that'd be my worst fear if I let myself think that far. 
 
Source: google images via weird nut daily
 Except it is. Wah wah....

My friends have been great and have given me boxes and saying sweet things like "I wanted to get these to you right away since I'm sure you're packing and oh you've already started and will need these". 
 
Source: google images via tumblr
How I want to feel, but never actually do..

Um yeah, that was last week and I still haven't packed a single box. I've posted a ton of ads on Craiglist and checked my email frantically hoping to have a new email with someone wanting to buy my stuff. I've sat in my living room freaking out about all that needs to be done. A little while later (after not packing and instead distractedly doing something else) I panic about how much time I've spent freaking out and how I now have even less time to get so much done! Those three weeks turn into a bad thing in those moments. 

I really wish I could grab my on-staff magician and make him magically poof my household belongings away, neatly packed into boxes. 
Sources: google images via everydayshouldbesaturday and thedatingpages


Well, as I tell my patients, today is a new day and we can move forward. So here's hoping I sell more furniture (that I'm decent at) but also get my packing on!

TGIF people!

linking up to Lauren/frommygreydeskblog's High Five For Friday
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry we aren't closer!! I'm a packing genius, I love it, and I'm so fast at it.

    ReplyDelete