Friday, September 14, 2012

high five for friday

Happy Friday everyone! I'm sort of cheating today, I've taken the day off of work and I'm enjoying my extended weekend for one very important reason: my Mom is visiting! She flew in last night and I'm trying to enjoy every moment I have with her. So I'm being lazy with my high five for friday and instead of making a pretty collage of everything together I'm doing it the lazy girl version for this go round. But also because this one is REALLY random, more so than usual. The pictures aren't .... pretty or what anyone else in their right mind would put on a blog. Anyway, here's the highlights of my week. 

via hoganstand.com
1. Hurling. You've never heard of it but it's essentially the national sport of Ireland. Hubby happens to love and play it, but nothing along the lines of these pros. Anyway, the All Ireland Finals were Saturday and we watched it online with friends. They tied, after an amazing game, and to settle it they're planning a whole other game to determine who the winner will be!

bad picture via my iphone
 2. Crazy Sleeper. {sorry for the bad picture!} Apparently in my quest to be comfortable and just right while sleeping I violently banged into hubby's foot, with my foot, and we both woke up in pain! It's really pathetic to have an injury that you caused yourself AND that you weren't even conscious of doing because you were asleep when it happened! But I look down and laugh (sort of) every time I see that cut!


via Walmart.com 
{that's where I bought it for less than $2, just FYI}

3. The Works. It's a miracle cleaner.I know this isn't glamorous, in fact it's kind of gross to be discussing. But I'd been battling with my bathroom for years, I'd clean it but it still wasn't clean looking. On a whim I tried this bad boy from online suggestions and to my surprise it removed that ickyness that wouldn't go away with bleach or other cleaners. Apparently it was hard water or ruse or something. Because my bathroom is now sparkling clean!
via etsy seller DigitalThings
4&5. Mom visiting. My Mom is one of the best people in the entire world. She's clearly the best Mom ever though. I may be biased. But my bias is why this is taking up TWO spaces, because my Mom is just that amazing. And me seeing her is just that amazing.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stobby by my blog! Have a great weekend with your mom!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete