Tuesday, September 18, 2012

fall shopping

So what's better than spending time with your Mom? Well when your Mom insists on buying things for you! A trip to the mall with intentions of buying something good must include a visit to Loft. (Or so goes my thinking) I've talked about my ... fear resistance/hesitation to "fashionable" things so it's hard for me to go into a store and see things I like. (Forget about thinking "Can I afford that?!") But Loft is one store that I tend to like at least some of their items. While I can't afford much there without a discount it's good quality items that will last for a while so it's worth whatever investment I can put into it.

Anyway, after an experience that felt like a much improved (and genuinely fun) "shopping with Mom for new school clothes" adventure I walked out with a very full bag of great things. To mix it up I thought I'd give you a digital fashion show of my goodies! 



              Slub Cotton Tee



Donegal Tweed Shift Skirt


These two were bought to be an outfit! So picture something like this when it's put together.
via stylishpetite.com
(Actually this was the top I wanted for this outfit but they were out in my size.)



Peacock Print Peplum Hem Shell
My Mom and I both bought this top. I think it's the first time in maybe a decade that's happened. It's cute on both of us but looks totally different on each of us. Funny how clothes can be that way. I'm actually wearing this top right now. Super cute!


Ribbed Trim Open Cardigan (mine's purple)


There's something about wearing new clothes, you feel like you look like a million bucks. You also just feel overall better about yourself. I can't say I like knowing my Mom is spending money on me but I do like having new clothes and making her happy all at the same time. As one of my favorite female tv characters say, "win win"! (That'd be Kate from Fairly Legal)

P.S. I've now realized Loft pulls the same crazy promotional games as other stores such as The Limited. Saturday at the store select full priced items and all sale items were 50% off. Sunday I found out via Facebook that ALL full priced items were 40% off. So we went back Sunday and returned/exchanged the full priced items to get that 40% discount! 

It's not exactly fun but be careful of the ongoing sales at stores. You may purchase something at a good price and turn around and realize within a few days you could have gotten an even better price for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment