Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Update/I Wore Yoga Pants

So there's this blog, the name itself is hilarious but the blog is also pretty amazing. 

Anyway, she does this thing (weekend update) so I figured I would be that cool too I would try it myself.

Greek Food Festival. I shouldn't have to say anymore, those 3 words alone should be enough for you to know the wonderful, amazing, fabulous thing that took place this weekend. And yes I was a big enough fattie that I went for lunch Friday and Saturday. Hubby explained it wasn't just a fattie move, it was a moneybags move. Since it's so freaking expensive (but good). You know since it's $7 a gyro and we must have at least one each. We just chalked it up to supporting our local Greek Orthodox Church. And being fatties foodies. 

Pinterest Crafting (Fail). So we're doing this gallery wall. Still a work in progress. Namely waiting on hubby to hang it all. Well that and for me to do one little thing. Make a freaking letter for the wall. Because Hobby Lobby letters are too freaking small and I can't find anywhere else with larger letters. And I'm stupid enough to try it myself. For several hours I sat in the living, on the floor, with The Voice knockout rounds playing, cutting out cardboard (and cursing) trying to make my own 3D letter. To eventually be painted, a silvery something color. Eventually. Maybe. (It's still in pieces, with the fronts, top and bottom cut. No sides and I still haven't figured out how to cut and do the inside part of this A.)

Pot Pie Soup. Yes it's a thing, thanks to Skinnytaste.com and it's amazing. I went crazy grocery shopping, we're talking THREE different stores people! And yet I made this dish last night instead of something harder more complex when I realized hubby was out working (on call) all night. And yet it still took me way too long to finish the recipe, considering it's easy not that complex and I've made it a bunch before. 

Homeland. Thanks to Comcast messing up our tv (still not fixed, but that's on me since I haven't felt like waiting for 30 minutes Saturday morning at the store before they open just to be helped in a timely fashion and I'm pretty sure swapping out our dvr won't even fix things anyway!). Anyway, I've got Showtime for free for 2 more months. And this show is amazing! I'm totally addicted, but now that I'm caught up I have to wait (what!?!) for new episodes to air!
Visit Whitney at I Wore Yoga Pants
Weekend Update via Sami's Shenanigans

P.S. I'm having serious technical difficulties. Blogger makes it seem super easy to have your own blog. With the HTML stuff being optional. But it's not proving to be easy or cooperative. Trying to link to things (as good bloggers do) makes my words get all funky. Images move all over with my mouse even when I'm not clicking them or try to move them. I get 5 of that same pesky image. And the formatting goes crazy. So bare with me, I'm sorry. I've tried more times than I can count to fix this (in this post alone) and it seems like the harder I try to fix it the worse the problem gets. So if anyone has any suggestions/tutorials I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment