Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ta da!

It's time, I can reveal my news, my big big news, and make a big announcement! Duh dun na na! (That's my attempt at "trumpets" haha) 


Source: google images via blogger idol

Hubby got a job, basically a dream job, at an Architecture firm in Miami! He got his degrees in Architecture but hadn't been able to work in his field since graduating two years ago. Well he got hand picked for this job, one he didn't even apply to or know about until it was offered to him. A family friend of mine is a principal at this firm and apparently friendly conversations over the holidays with Hubby over the years left an impression. 


Source: google images via Darcy Knoblich

Family friend/boss man called Hubby on a Sunday, that Monday Hubby put in for Friday off work, then Friday Hubby went down to Miami and met with the three principals of the firm and was formally offered and accepted the position. Two weeks later he moved to Miami and started his career! I've been alone up here, 500 miles away from him, ever since! (That's a MONTH people! Including over my birthday!) 

See I had things in the works at my office that prevented me from moving right away with Hubby. So originally I wouldn't be able to move until July, over 3 months living separate from the love of my life. Then last week everything changed. The plans as we'd set them were shot to hell, flipped upside down, and my very first thought was "well there's no reason to stay now, how soon can I move?" The next day I gave notice at my office, sometimes you've just got to go with your gut. By Memorial Day I'll be a resident of Miami Dade county once more.  

Like I said, it's HUGE news. But I couldn't say anything, and it was killing me. But since the cat's out of the bag I can finally share all this with you guys! 

Oh and I forgot to mention that I was born and raised in Miami, my parents still live there. (I haven't lived there in a decade. I most assuredly went from a big city girl to an almost southern gal. I guess I've got to try to revert back)

Until we can get settled and figure out what our new life will be like living in Miami we'll be living with my parents. Because the most affordable housing is the free kind! Yeah, I'm going from a self sufficient full time social worker and wife and moving back into my childhood room in my parent's house, with my husband. Clearly life will be an adventure. 

I hope to be able to share what life becomes when I move from the deep south and (back) into big time big city Miami. And of course for a short time (or not so short?) doing that and living with my parents. 

1 comment:

  1. That is HUGE!!! Congrats to your husband, that's amazing. Good luck with the move, I'm happy you get to do it sooner than July!

    ReplyDelete